So week three is drawing to a close. Already? Unbelievable.
Yesterday was our first exam. Biochemistry. Let me just say… med students are intense about testing. I assumed this before, but now I really understand. Just one more way I’m different.
I felt pretty prepared for the exam. I know I missed a few, but I think passed. That’s all that matters. And now I know what to do next time.
Anatomy test on Monday; I’m pretty much terrified. I couldn’t be more grateful for the long weekend.
This morning I read this on KevinMD, and completely understood. I shared it on Facebook, highlighting the four main points:
1. Medical school is hard.
2. Half the battle is knowing where to be and when to be there.
3. Medical students are cool people.
4. Not a lot of “medicine” is learned in the first semester.
One of my very favorite people in the world replied with his won list:
1. Haley’s harder (tougher)
2. you are the paramount of punctuality
3. I know one med student who’s pretty cool
4. The only “medicine” you need to learn how to use is laughter
Now I’m pretty sure I can conquer this weekend.
On another note, my mom is taking me to lunch today. I’ve never been more excited about spending an hour with someone.